- To organize the doctoral strategy.
- To supervise the management of EIDUAL
- To approve the Code of Good Practices and the EIDUAL Guide to Good Practices for Thesis Direction, if applicable.
- To ensure compliance with the rights and duties of doctoral students, tutors and directors of doctoral theses, in accordance with the rules that regulate them.
- To ensure compliance with the good practices adopted by the school and the Guide to Good Practices for Thesis Direction.
- To approve the status of EIDUAL's international advisers.
- To promote the quality and excellence of PhD Programs.
- To monitor the doctors who have graduated from the PhD Programs, through the procedures established by the University of Almería or agreed by the universities participating in joint programs.
- Various other functions assigned to it by current regulations.