Structure of the Degree
The bachelor's degree structure is composed of the following modules (see the outline):
- Core Module. With 29 common subjects and a total of 174 ECTS credits. 10
basic subjects (60 ECTS) and 19 compulsory subjects (114 ECTS)
- Specific Module. It groups 13 elective subjects.
- Mention elective subjects. 6 subjects with 36 ECTS credits. In each mention, 3 compulsory subjects with 18 ECTS are taken in the semesters 5 and 6.
- Common elective subjects. 7 elective subjects with 34.5 ECTS credits. In the 7th semester, 5 elective subjects must be chosen and take 24 credits.
- Internships Module. It is taken in the 8th semester, it is compulsory and comprises three subjects with a total of 24 ECTS. Field Practicum in Environmental Sciences (3 ECTS), Internships (12 ECTS) and Bachelor's Dissertation (9 ECTS).
In this curriculum there are several possibilities to obtain the degree:
- With the Mention of Socio-ecosystems Management. Also if such mention is chosen in 3rd year and the three corresponding elective mention subjects are taken (18 ECTS).
- With the Mention of Innovation for Sustainability. Also if such mention is chosen in 3rd year and the three corresponding elective mention subjects are taken (18 ECTS).
- With both Mentions, six elective subjects (36 ECTS) corresponding to both mentions must be taken. This means to take a total of 18 ECTS in addition to at least the 240 credits required to obtain the degree.
- If a mention is not taken, the graduate in Environmental Sciences must take 18 ECTS among the elective subjects for both mentions (IT IS NOT COMPULSORY to take a mention to achieve the degree).
Students of this degree may complete their elective academic load in the following manners:
- a) Taking the elective subjects included in this report.
- b) Proving their participation in cultural, sports, student representation, supportive and collaborative activities as it is set out in article 12.8 of the Royal Decree 1393/2007 with the limits established in such regulations, and in accordance with the procedure established in the Credit Recognition and Transfer Rules of the University of Almeria.
COMMON ELECTIVE COURSES:
- Priority Habitat and Green Infrastructures (6 ECTS)
- Georisks and Desertification (6 ECTS)
- Sustainable Management of the Marine Environment and the Coast (4.5 ECTS)
- Ecohydrology of Arid Zones (4.5 ECTS)
- Environmental Communication and Citizen Science (4.5 ECTS)
- Ecosystem services for Pest Control (4.5 ECTS)
- Bioremediation and Biorecovery (4.5 ECTS)