Attention: The double degree incorporates the following modifications for the 2022-23 academic year:
- The subject 12103214. Theory and Criticism of Female Writing in Spain, is offered in 3rd year.
- The subject 12103208. History and Culture of the Hispanic Countries, goes into extinction.
- The subject 31102218. History and Culture of the English-speaking Countries, passes from 2nd to 3rd year.
- The subject 12102219. Descriptive Grammar of Spanish II, passes from 3rd to 2nd year.
- The subject 31103210. Pragmatics and Discourse Analysis in English Language, passes from 3rd to 4th year.
In relation to the subject that is extinguished (12103208. History and Culture of the Hispanic Countries) the following must be taken into consideration:
- Students who passed this subject will only be affected by the changes of the semesters indicated.
- Students who enrolled and did not pass the same, will be entitled to exam for three years. They will also be able to study 12103214.Theory and Criticism of Female Writing in Spain.
- The remaining students must study 12103214.Theory and Criticism of Female Writing in Spain.
These simultaneous studies in Double Bachelor's Degree in English Studies and Hispanic Philology, for which the corresponding double Bachelor's Degrees offered by the Universities of Cadiz and Huelva count as Andalusian antecedents, allows access to an extended training opportunity that improves and extends the qualification of people who opt to professionally practise Philology in future, especially for those who intend to access Secondary and Upper Secondary Education teaching faculties.
The joint and simultaneous organization of both Bachelor's Degrees, benefitting from being part of the Arts and Humanities branch, from the application of the Andalusian branch agreements, and from the compatibility of the two degrees at the University of Almeria, means that students can obtain a professional philological qualification that is especially recommended.